Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In our Garden, 4-13-09

As I drove up the drive yesterday after art class, I grabbed the camera to snap off a few pics of the local BIRDS; this is what I got ...

We have a (male) Hooded Oriole here, front & center


I think there are 2 birds in this photo, at left ... a Hooded Oriole and the one on the right is an Ash-Throated Flycatcher...

there's FOUR birds in this one -- far left & far right, two Lesser Goldfinches

and then in the middle, the Oriole again & the Ash-Throated Flycatcher

What I had hoped to capture was the BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK that was IN the misty birdbath WITH those Orioles when I first drove up ... deep, darkest orange with black -- stunning bird.

-- Davielle

THANK YOU TO FRIEND ANDY MAURO FOR THE POSITIVE I.D. ON THE BIRDS ...

No comments: