Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Irony of Commitment

more words of wisdom from a Starbucks cup this week:

THE WAY I SEE IT # 76

"The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating -- in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life."

- Anne Morriss
{Starbucks customer from New York City. She describes herself as an "organization builder, restless American citizen, optimist."}

I was so taken with this one, that I saved the cup here on my desk for three whole days!

So the question begs to be asked:
WHAT is it in your life that YOU are waiting to COMMIT to ???

And I have to ask ... what are you waiting for?!

-- D.

No comments: