Thursday, August 7, 2008

HAVE YOU BEEN CREATIVE TODAY?


"The work of art which I do not make, none other will ever make." -- Simone Weil


Wow, if that's not a powerful statement. So, what have YOU failed to create that nobody else will ever create? Think about it.


Have you seen a lovely craft project and thought "I want to make one of those, but when I make it, I'll change xxx ..." ??? Hmmm? Well, haven't we ALL had those thoughts?


This week I have been enjoying the current issue of a fantastic, inspiring, beautiful, arts & crafts-focused magazine: Somerset Life. If you have never "met" this publication, take yourself over to the nearest bookstore PRONTO and pick it up - trust me, if you're at all artistic / creative, you can't help but be inspired by the photographs and projects they feature.


I also rely on TAKE TEN and STAMPERS SAMPLER for ideas for making cards and gift tags, etc. You can visit the website for these publications at: www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html


There is so much inspiration out there - just take yourself on an "artist's date" (as Julia Cameron calls them) and DISCOVER SOME NEW BEAUTIFUL THING that will inspire you to take a detour to the nearest craft or fabric store to pick up what you need to make something - lovely.


JUST SO LOCALS KNOW - the store that I mentioned a week or so ago when I said "do something creative every day" in a posting - PAPER SOURCE - is coming to town! I am excited to tell you that at THE FORUM shopping center here where Encinitas meets Carlsbad -- PAPER SOURCE is 'coming soon'. Oh happy day!




No comments: