Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do Bloggers BLOVIATE ???

So my nephew (my one & only nephew, on my side of the family) had this cool word on his Facebook page this week: BLOVIATE. Me, I'd never heard the word, so I asked him what it meant. He replied with this definition, and sweet man that he is, he included a disclaimer on his FB page that he was NOT accusing me of being ... this:

BLOVIATE

Main Entry: blo·vi·ate

Pronunciation: \ˈblō-vē-ˌāt\
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): blo·vi·at·ed; blo·vi·at·ing

Etymology: perhaps irregular from blow
Date: circa 1879


to speak or write verbosely and windily
— blo·vi·a·tion \ˌblō-vē-ˈā-shən\ noun

So I put the question to you, my faithful readers: DO BLOGGERS BLOVIATE?!

Some do; some don't. I know that I am a very verbiose person, Tommy was kind to say he didn't necessarily think so :-) -- but I am, I know I am.

But the very nature of a BLOGSPOT is so one can voice their opinion. Yeah for those who can do it via "the Reader's Digest version". As for me, that's just not going to work!

-- D.

No comments: