Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Glamour Don't, Part Deux

Okay, so lest I be accused of just picking on the poor gal wearing the smiley-face undies ...
I do have to say that MY personal pet peeve when it comes to Fashion Don't (s) is ... drum roll, please ...

WHITE bicycle shorts.

{and is it just me, or do they look like their faces were PhotoShopped in ? they resemble bobble heads in this one ... yikes!}

Doesn't matter if your a man or a woman; doesn't matter how fit you are. It's just, on so many levels, WRONG.
If you can't get a good enough gander at just what I find so ... disturbing ... just click on these photos and they'll enlarge. Pun all the way around - intended.

One more photo to illustrate my point:


Need I say more?!
Okay, so there might be ONE situation where I won't argue against the White Shorts -- ladies, that would be the ever popular, from-cycling's-near-past, JAN KIRSIPUU of Estonia - when Jan wins a stage or a race, and he's on that podium with his arms raised ... he can wear any color shorts he likes.
Otherwise -- DOWN with the white cycling shorts.
-- D.

No comments: