Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starbucks Wisdom

You see, it's not just for the coffee, or the Black Tea/Lemonade, or the chai ... it's for their CUPS, too. Wisdom comes on those Starbucks cups; did you know that?

Whenever I feel a little down, or even a little up ... basically, whenever I just plain feel like it ... I stop into the closest Starbucks for a little perk me up. And for the WISE sayings that one always comes away with ...

For instance, yesterday's Nonfat Chai Latte came with this tidbit:

"The way I see it
Isn't necessarily
The way you see it
Or the way it is
Or ought to be
What's more important
Is that we're all
Looking for it
And a way to see it"

-- Desi Di Nardo, Author & Poet, Toronto Canada

Okay, so I don't know what "it" is, and I'm guessing you couldn't say with any certainty either. But whatever IT is, IT sure sounds like something we all could use a whole lot more of.

I'm guessing it has to do with us being in relation with one another, somewhow.

Works for me {kinda like their beverages do ...}. I'm a Starbucks fan, all the way.

-- Davi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Davi~ Once again, you've helped me see the "little things" i.e. a Starbucks cup. :-) I enjoyed a delicious skinny vanilla latte this afternoon and loved these words of wisdom, as follows...

The way I see it #296

"By the time executives get married, take on a mortgage, raise kids, cope with the crabgrass, climb the corporate ladder, do their best to manage career pressures, build their net worth and get into their 40's, they've lost touch with what they believe in and care about most deeply."Can I get an "AMEN?" xo J